With the Pixel 6 Pro and Pixel 6, Google completely reimagined and redesigned their smartphone lineup. According to company representatives, Google Pixel 6 became its first flagship.
Google is trying to impose competition between Samsung and Apple, not only in cameras and software but in everything else. The main features of the Pixel 6 are improved cameras, a new Tensor processor from Google, support for 5G, and a large display compared to previous models. And the Pixel 6 is also much cheaper than the Galaxy S21 and iPhone 13. What else is good about this new smartphone.
Google Pixel 6 specifications
- 6.4 inches, AMOLED, resolution 2400 × 1080 pixels (411 PPI), 20: 9 ratio, frequency 90 Hz, HDR10 +, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Google Tensor (5nm), Octa-core (2 × 2.80 GHz Cortex-X1 + 2 × 2.25 GHz Cortex-A76 + 4 × 1.80 GHz Cortex-A55)
- Mali-G78 MP20
- 8 GB LPDDR5
- Inner memory
- 128/256 GB UFS 3.1
- System and software
- Android 12
- Front camera
- 8 MP, f / 2.0, 24mm, wide angle, 1.12um
- Main camera
- 50 MP, f / 1.9, 25 mm, wide-angle, 1 / 1.31-inch, 1.2 μm, Dual Pixel PDAF, Laser AF, OIS + 12 MP, f / 2.2, 17 mm, ultra wide-angle, 114 ˚, 1.25 μm
- Video recording
- Primary: 4K @ 30/60 fps, 1080p @ 30/60/120/240 fps; gyroscope-EIS, OIS
- Front: 1080p @ 30 fps
- Communication and connections
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac / 6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, NFC, GPS with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS, USB Type-C 3.1
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE / 5G
- 2G GSM 850/900/1800/1900
- CDMA 800/1700/1900
- 3G HSDPA 800/850/900/1700 (AWS) / 1900/2100
- Dust and water-resistant
- IP68 (up to 1.5m for 30 minutes)
- Sound and audio
- Stereo speakers, no 3.5mm, three microphones
- Fingerprint scanner (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass, barometer
- Li-Ion 4614 mAh, non-removable, fast charge 30 W, 50% in 30 min, fast wireless charging 21 W, reverse wireless charging, USB Power Delivery 3.0
- Sort of Seafoam, Kinda Coral, Stormy Black
- Materials (edit)
- Gorilla Glass Victus on the front, Gorilla Glass 6 on the back, aluminum frame
- Dimensions and weight
- 158.6 x 74.8 x 8.9 mm, 207 grams
- From $ 599
Design and appearance
The body is covered with glass on both sides. Gorilla Glass 6 on the back and Victus on the front, while the side frames are metal. The back cover is very slippery. So it’s best to put it on the protective case right away. The device is quite heavy – 206 grams.
The 6.4-inch screen makes it harder to use the phone with one hand than with previous Pixels. At the back, attention is immediately drawn. The black horizontal stripe is also at the top – this is an unusual module with three cameras. Thanks to this design solution, it sticks out a lot. But the device does not swing if it lies on the table.
The Pixel 6’s display is flat, and the surrounding bezels are pretty broad. Although for many, this is better than the enormous displays with rounded sides like the Pixel 6 Pro. At the very least, you can comfortably pick up your smartphone and not worry about accidental clicks.
With brightness, everything is fine: with manual setting. so it reaches 500 nits, and an automatic mode – 800 nits. The display is suitable for outdoor use on a bright sunny day and in complete darkness at night. There’s even a setting to lower the brightness even further if that’s more comfortable for your eyes.
Pixel 6 cameras
Unfortunately, there is no telephoto lens here, unlike the Pixel 6 Pro. Thanks to the improved primary camera, the photo quality has become noticeably higher. The detail in the photos is enormous. They don’t get blurry even when zoomed in.
Although not nearly as much as Samsung, colors are richer – more natural tones than the Galaxy S21. But, sometimes HDR algorithms work too hard, and dark areas are not dark enough. In such cases, the images look unnatural. The zoom capabilities also on the Pixel 6 are nowhere near as advanced as on the Pixel 6 Pro.
There are a lot of updates in the new version of the OS. And they relate to both the interface and functionality. Many other smartphones will only get the update in a few months. So Android 12 is one of the Pixel 6’s top-selling points.
This is not only done to compete with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 and Apple A15 Bionic performance. The company instead needs the Google chipset for its photo processing algorithms and functions using machine learning.
Also read this:https://febworldnews.com/iphone-11-versus-iphone-11-pro-which-should-you-buy/