The company has already put out update versions of the OS that can downloaded to devices that can use them. iPadOS 16.1 introduces Stage Manager multitasking. And Mac owners will be able to use their iPhones as a webcam.
- The Live Activity function has been implemented, which allows you to follow events online. On the locked screen of your smartphone (for example, to see where the courier is going or what the score is in the current match). Developers received a special API for integrating such functionality into their applications.
- You can create a shared library in iCloud and invite up to 6 people (not just Family Sharing members) to it, each of whom can upload photos and videos from their device.
- The Clean Energy Charging eco-charging feature has appeared , which is designed to reduce the carbon footprint of the iPhone. In other words, she will be able to monitor the emissions of energy infrastructure. Into the atmosphere and charge the smartphone when they are minimal. As an experiment, it will only work in the US at first.
- Other: the Fitness + service will able to work without an Apple Watch. The Wallet application can be removed from a smartphone. And the battery has received a new icon with a charge with a percentage.
- The Stage Manager multitasking mode has appeared. Which will automatically arrange open applications and windows. Allowing you to quickly switch between them. Users will be able to create overlapping windows of different sizes. The one where the work is in progress will be in the center, the rest will be located on the left (for iPad Pro 2018 and 2020, also devices based on M1 and M2 chips).
- The iMessage service will allow you to edit messages, unsend them, and mark them as unread, as well as notify you of any changes that users make while collaborating.
- Shared content library in iCloud will also be available on Apple tablets.
- Support for the Passkeys feature has added to the Safari browser. Which allows you to log in to sites using Face ID or Touch ID and not enter a login with a password.
- Other: iPadOS 16.1 introduces an updated Weather app, Matter support. And UI scaling (you can choose from two options for displaying icons on the screen).
- The Stage Manager multitasking mode, similar to iPadOS 16.1, also appeared here.
- The updated version of the OS will allow you to quickly transfer. FaceTime calls from Mac to iPhone and iPad and vice versa.
- Mac owners will be able to use their iPhone as a webcam. At the same time, the main and ultra-wide-angle modules are involved. This is how both the person himself and his desktop will be visible.
- The mail service has a function of delayed sending messages, smart notifications and autocorrection when searching in the application.
- Other: in Safari it will be possible to share a group of tabs. Spotlight search has received a new design and functionality. A shared content library in iCloud will also be available.